Permanent Full-time Position
Competitive salary and salary packaging in tax-free pay per FBT year
Location: Western Sydney, NSW
Provide accounting and financial support to Financial Manager, located in Western Sydney, NSW.
About your new company:
A leading international humanitarian development organisation that values human life and dignity, embracing justice and equality in a world free of suffering and poverty.
This will be an initial 12-month contract with a probation period of 6 months.
Your new role Summary
The Accounts Officer will have the opportunity to assist with a multitude of duties including but not limited to accounts payable, accounts receivable, journals, balance sheet and profit and loss reconciliations.
- Process claims, payments, petty cash and prepare invoices
- Issue receipts for donations, gifts in kind and invoices
- Prepare accounts payable payments
- Managing aged debtors monthly
- Assist with month end processes
- Assist with annual Audit
- Bank and investment accounts and expense accounts.
- Oversee incoming donations, asset management and depreciation, grant management and reporting tasks
- Undertake other duties as assigned
- Provide assistance and report directly to Financial Manager
Skills & Attributes
- Demonstrate outstanding communication skills with staff, management, vendors, community donors and others
- Participate in meetings, conferences and team activities
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with front-line staff, management, vendors, community donors and the general public
- A commitment to the values of the organisation and ability to maintain an ethical attitude towards staff, donors and visitors
- Be culturally aware with an ability to work with people from a range of backgrounds. Be able to deal with a wide variety of people on various issues
- Maintain confidential records and files
- Not for Profit experience is desirable, but not essential
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- Fluent English and Arabic (written and spoken) is highly desirable for the role
- A strong understanding and in depth knowledge of accounting and finance within the not for profit sector
- A high level of competence in the full range of Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work flexibly and collaboratively with a range of key personnel
- Must demonstrate attention to detail and good record-keeping skills to meet state and federal tax and non-profit regulations
- Ability to work without direct supervision and within a team
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking and prioritising skills
- Demonstrated initiative and productivity
- Must hold a National Police Certificate prior to the commencement of employment
Rewards and recognition:
You will gain an opportunity to have a positive impact by working for an organisation that exists to serve the local and global community. Working in this position will enable to attain valuable skills and build relationships with the local community. In doing so, you will contribute to the organisational culture & will be supported from all levels of the organisation.
As a new team member you will have access to:
- Salary packaging in tax-free pays per FBT year
- Leave loading and superannuation
- Access to flexible work arrangements
- A supportive corporate culture and working environment
- Workplace mentoring
- Employee Assistance Program providing professional support services