HUMAN APPEAL AUSTRALIA
Human Appeal Australia as part of a Leadership Alumni initiative, in partnership with local businesses and organisations, is proud to announce the allocation of six undergraduate university scholarships to support Year 12 Achievement Award 2018 recipients who exemplify leadership and who demonstrate financial need.
• Business/Leadership: The Human Appeal Australia – Halal Certification Authority Scholarship
• Media/Information Technology: The Human Appeal Australia – Al-Wasat Newspaper Scholarship
• Education/Health: The Human Appeal Australia – Queen Anne Business College Scholarship
• Accounting/Commerce: The Human Appeal Australia – MCCA Islamic Finance & Investments Scholarship
• Engineering: The Human Appeal Australia Scholarship
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Be enrolled as a full-time first-year student in an Australian Bachelor’s face-to-face degree course in a field of study associated with a relevant scholarship category.
- Be a recipient of a Human Appeal Australia Year 12 Achievement Award 2018
- Be able to demonstrate financial need
- Be able to demonstrate involvement in social and community leadership in Australia
• an application form addressing the eligibility criteria and including a personal statement describing your personal goals and ambitions and future contribution to Australian society
• documentary evidence demonstrating financial hardship
• a selection panel will rank applicants according personal statements and demonstrated financial difficulty
• approval by the co-sponsor (if applicable)
• False or misleading information: Human Appeal Australia reserves the right to withdraw an offer of a scholarship and re-assess the application if the HAA believes the recipient has provided false or misleading information in the application form or subsequently.
• Late applications: applications received after the closing date may be accepted only if accompanied by a signed formal request outlining exceptional circumstances outside your control that have resulted in a late application, e.g. serious illness or other personal crisis. The selection committee will later determine whether or not a late application will be considered, based on the explanation you provide. (Note: Reasons relating to employment, placements, holidays or other activities that you choose to engage in are unlikely to be considered “exceptional”.)
• Application process: the assessment will commence after the application closing date. You will be notified of the outcome via email approximately 4 weeks after the application closing date. To ensure that all candidates are treated with equity, staff are unable to advice you of the progress of an individual application.