Human Appeal Australia would like to thank you for your continuous support, reminding you that it is the end of the financial year.
We are a tax-deductible organisation, therefore any donations paid can be claimed for your deduction. In some circumstances, you can also choose to extend your tax deduction over a period of five financial years.
Keep the cycle of generosity going by claiming your taxes and possibly giving once again to benefit those in need.
The past year has been a difficult year for all Australians. From the droughts to the bushfires & recently the COVID-19 pandemic.
As a result of job loss and very little support, many people were impacted including many businesses.
However, what amazes us is that regardless of these tough times, the generosity of our community never stopped & increased to even higher levels. This was proven during the holy month of Ramadan.
Tax time is right around the corner so this is a great opportunity for everyone to make good on their tax returns by claiming all their donations on tax.
Human Appeal Australia is a DGR (Deductible Gift Recipient) meaning that all your donations are tax deductible!
Donate now to any of our life-changing projects before June 30th to claim it back on tax and keep the cycle of good going.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What does tax-deductible mean?
- A tax-deductible donation is one that can be deducted from your taxable income. Therefore, it can decrease the amount of tax you pay.
Will I be issued a tax receipt?
- Yes, if you donate online you will be issued with a receipt immediately via email.
What payment methods can I use?
- You can donate online via debit/credit card, call or visit your local Human Appeal or deposit directly into our bank out.
Why must I donate by the 30th of June?
- The financial year in Australia ends on the 30th of June, that is why you need to donate before then so you may be able to claim that donation within the current financial year. You then have up to the 31st of October to complete your income tax return.
Can I attain an Annual Donation Statement?
- Yes. If you have an online account with Human Appeal, after 30th of June you will be easily able to download your Annual Donation Statement (that has all the donations you’ve made in the past year) with the simple click of a button. Or call your local office so we can send it to you. Then you can provide it to your financial accountant/advisor to claim it all back!
Need more info?
- Here is a short poster https://www.ato.gov.au/uploadedFiles/Content/IND/Downloads/gifts-and-donations.pdf with a summary of information provided by the Australian Tax Office regarding gifts and donations.