About the Organisation
Human Appeal International Australia (HAIA) aims to strengthen humanity’s fight against poverty and social injustice through the provision of immediate relief and the establishment of self-sustaining development programs.
- Professional & Transparent: We follow transparent, best-practice procedures and systems in all aspects of our work.
- Trust & Integrity: We assure our donors that their donations are delivered as promised.
- Empowerment:We treat beneficiaries with dignity and empower them to develop their skills and capabilities to follow independent positive lifestyles.
- Equality in Distribution:We distribute aid to all needy people and destinations regardless of race, colour, religion, sex or political affiliation.
The logistics officer (LO) is responsible for providing logistic support and overseeing the overall logistic processes in support of the objectives of the organization.
LO is responsible for the planning, oversight, and management and coordination of logistics support operations to ensure smooth accomplishment of projects.
LO provide logistics support in the areas of inventory, surveying, and projecting; ordering and pre-staging equipment for deployment.
LO is also responsible for procurement planning, transportation, and storage, as well as overseeing the organization, planning, and maintenance of the fleet.
Role and Responsibilities
- Carry out packing, crating, and warehousing, and storage duties in preparation for site-specific program and shipment
- Oversee customer based queues and plan and allocate tasks to meet configuration requirements
- Responsible for tracking, receiving, and stocking all items ordered
- Ensure materials are appropriately stored
- Program the final inventory of materials prior to shipment
- Provide a list of all equipment moved from the consolidation areas into sponsor shipping channels to project coordinators
- Manage and maintain inventory to operating levels to avoid supply delays.
- Manage the office facilities including the repair of equipment
- Responsible for supervising and accounting for an inventory
- Carry out annual property inventory and provide other report in his area of responsibility.
- The organisation Fleet Management, including, tracking, reports, repairs and services of the fleet.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Have a minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Business administration, or Transportation or 5 years’ experience in Logistic
- Have extensive work experience in logistic or supply chain management tasks.
- Knowledge of MS Office applications and logistics software.
- Ability to assess moderately complex information from multiple sources and draw logical conclusions.
- Can establish and preserve productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect, as well as nurture an effective working relationship with the work team.
- Excellent Communication Skills (Speaking and Writing).
- Ability to adapt to changing work requirements and priorities that may require change or extended working hours.
- Have basic handyman skills with any trade licence is advantage.
- Full driver licence with clean driving records.
- Career development – Ample opportunities for career progression from this role
- Professional development – Ongoing training will be provided to help you succeed
- Great culture – Enjoy working within a friendly team with regular social events.
- A competitive remuneration package with ability to salary package up to $15,900.
"*" indicates required fields